- About Us
- Tools & Services
As we all know, the holidays come with a lot of celebrating and sweet treats. Luckily, there are some easy ways to make cakes, cookies, and pastries a bit healthier.
Here are some simple changes you can make to your recipes to ensure they are just a bit healthier:
- If a recipe calls for 7 eggs, use 2 eggs and swap out the other 5 with a cholesterol-free egg product substitute to cut cholesterol.
- Use bittersweet chocolate (less than if a recipe calls for of unsweetened chocolate) to cut down calories without losing flavor.
- Cut cakes and brownies into smaller portions
- Mash ripe bananas as a fat substitute in carrot cake, banana cake or muffins.
- Use less oil – cut 1/3 of a cup to ¼
- Add fruit purees to your cakes and muffins for added nutrition
Of course, the aforementioned substitutes don’t make sweet treats the healthiest part of a celebration, but it does allow you to enjoy them without breaking your wellness routine. As always, the best thing to do is enjoy everything in moderation. So, CELEBRATE away!